Media Alert: 2nd Alice Springs Oration

Broadband for the Bush: What does the National Broadband Network mean for you?

Presented by key speaker: Dr Ian Oppermann, Director CSIRO ICT Centre

Media are invited to attend a public lecture presented by the Desert Knowledge Precinct partners. The National Broadband Network is an Australian Government initiative to deliver high-speed broadband to all Australians. Around 93% of Australians will be connected using fibre optic cabling – but what about the other 7%?

Much of the NT, specifically our remote communities, fall in this 7% who will get broadband, but at reduced speeds.

Join Dr Ian Oppermann to find out more about the National Broadband Network and what this means for residents of Central Australia.

Date: Wednesday 29 June
Time: 5.30pm to 7.00pm
Location: Business & Innovation Centre, Desert Knowledge Precinct, South
Stuart Highway, Alice Springs

The oration will also be live streamed at

Media Contact: Rebecca Farrell on 08 8959 6022 or 0418 210 981